Microneedling With PRP Treatment Q & A
At Rêvée Aesthetics, our professionals offer microneedling treatment for the rejuvenation, restoration and repair of your skin. For more details please call us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
How much does Microneedling cost?
What is SkinPen Microneedling?
Am I a candidate for Microneedling?
Phases to wound-repair process
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
Is Microneedling safe?
Is Microneedling painful?
How is Microneedling done?
Microneedling before & afters
What is the recovery from Microneedling?
How much does Microneedling cost in Richmond?
Is Microneedling covered by insurance?
Schedule a consultation
Watch Our Master Estheticians Explain Microneedling
A series of monthly treatments is recommended for the best results. MicroNeedling is $400 per treatment or a package of 4 for $1400. MicroNeedling with PRP is $700 per treatment or a package of 4 for $2400.
SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device. It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
Microneedling is an excellent procedure that is often performed to address the following:
– Acne scarring and other types of scars
– Sun damage
– Fine lines and wrinkles
– Uneven skin texture
– Dull complexion
– Stretch marks
Due to the absence of heat and chemicals, micro-needling is appropriate for all skin types and tones. Patients with a history of severe psoriasis or eczema and those who are pregnant may not be good candidates for this treatment.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
– Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
– Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
– Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
– It improves both the quality and the texture of your skin. How? Microneedling not only stimulates new collagen formation, it also leads to remodeling of existing collagen so that it is sturdier and provides more support for sagging skin.
– Reduces acne and other scars on your skin. Acne and trauma lead to fibrosis underneath the skin. Microneedling breaks up this fibrosis, which allows the skin to release this tenting and allow the surface to be smoother and evener.
– Reduces blackheads on your face. The precise piercings of thousands of needle sticks free up and knock out blackheads during the procedure.
– Helps to actually treat and reduce acne. Studies have shown this, although the exact mechanism is not known. It is likely that micro-needling leads to a reduction in sebum production that makes the skin less oily.
– Exfoliates your skin. The outer layer of your skin is made up of dead skin. Removing some of this layer gives you a fresher, more glowing appearance.
– Reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It has been demonstrated that the small holes created by the thousands of needle piercings break into the upper levels of the dermis and cause the release of growth factors. These are incredibly strong substances the send out messages that lead to increased collagen and elastin in the skin of this area.
– Evens out skin complexion and reduces dark spots. It is not completely understood, but it is thought microneedling increases expression of something called matrix mealloproteinases and this is what decreases the hyperpigmentation.
– Reduces the appearance of pore size. Microneedling helps pores appear smaller. By stimulating collagen in and around your pores, the surrounding cells plump up and the pores appear smaller in size.
Microneedling is safe, effective, with minimal discomfort and minimal downtime. SkinPen offers significant advantages over other micro-needling techniques, such as dermal rolling. The safety and efficacy of this treatment are achieved in a variety of ways. These include:
– Adjustable needle depth. Dermal rollers have fixed needles that cannot be adjusted to meet the unique characteristics of the skin.
– SkinPen microneedles can be adjusted to address all areas of the face, including the neck, cheeks, upper lip, lower eyelids, crow’s feet, and forehead.
– SkinPen creates micro-injuries via single-use surgical grade needle tips that are disposed of after treatment.
– Microneedling does not involve laser heat or harsh chemicals so risks of burns, blisters, and hyperpigmentation are eliminated.
– The high-speed motor of the SkinPen device facilitates fast, vertical needle penetration. This provides a more comfortable patient experience.
– The device’s safety and control features allow us to achieve consistent results every time.
Your microneedling provider applies topical cream to your skin before beginning treatment. The topical analgesic desensitizes the skin to the penetration of the upper layers of the skin can be tolerated comfortably. Areas of the face where more fat is present, such as the cheeks, may not sense any discomfort. Areas such as the forehead and along the jawline may sense a slight pressure, heat, or momentary “zings” as nerves react. Patients do not describe this treatment as painful.
Patients lie comfortably on the treatment table to receive microneedling treatment. After securing the hair away from the face, the provider gently cleanses the skin. Numbing cream is applied for approximately 20 minutes. After the appropriate time, the analgesic is removed. A small, needle-clad device is moved across the surface of the skin one area at a time. For example, the provider may start with one cheek at a time, then move to the nose and forehead, finishing with the jawline and neck. After micro-channels have been created, a nourishing serum may be applied to the skin to soothe the minor inflammation that occurs during the procedure.
There is relatively no downtime to speak of after microneedling. Patients can expect to look red, as if they’ve been in the sun. Some people notice mild swelling, as well. These side effects resolve over a few days. By 4 to 5 days after treatment, the skin should look smooth and glowing with very little residual side effects.
To aid in tissue regeneration, it is important to wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and to keep skin hydrated. Our team may recommend specific products to nourish your skin’s unique needs. Until the skin has completely healed, exfoliation and the use of alcohol-based toner should be avoided.
Microneedling costs are determined by several factors, including the size of the treatment area and the addition of any other procedures during the appointment. During your consultation, your provider will discuss a breakdown of costs associated with your customized treatment plan.
Medical insurance typically does not extend coverage to cosmetic procedures. The cost of microneedling is generally on the low end of the spectrum of beauty treatments and fits well within most budgets.
If you are interested in Microneedling, please contact Rêvée for a free consultation! Our practice serves Richmond, VA and surrounding areas in Virginia. We serve patients from Richmond VA, Glen Allen VA, Mechanicsville VA, Midlothian VA, Goochland VA, Chesterfield VA, Powhatan VA, Fredericksburg VA, Williamsburg VA, Charlottesville, VA.